Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Technology and Art Time!

Technology:

Technology, its everywhere!  Technology can be incorporated into teaching science.  How you ask?  Well, technology does not necessarily mean computers, it can be cameras, microscopes, videos, powerpoints and many more. 

For example, if I were teaching about bugs and wanted my class to get more details that may not be observed by the naked eye, I could include the use of a flex cam.  Students would be allowed to use a flex cam to get a closer look at the details of each bug. 


Another example of how technology can be incorporated into teaching science is through the use of a camera.  For instance, if teaching about the process of metamorphis or the growth of a seed, the teacher could assign particular students the job of taking pictures that shows the progress.  The teacher then could create a powerpoint of the pictures gathered to show the class as whole.

Art:

If your like me and ask yourself the question, "How in the world can I include art into science?"  Well, it turns out, it's not as hard as one may think.  I have some really cool art activities that teachers can use while teaching science.
One activity, for example, if wanting for students to grasp concept of a plant and animal cell have them make a model of them instead of a worksheet.  I am sure they will be more entertained!


Another example of how to incorporate art when teaching the science concept of the seasons is have students to make triarama's and can display them in the classroom when finished.


Technology & Art:

During my college teaching classes, my science professor incorporated technology into her science lesson by first beginning the lesson off with an awesome video, "Rollercoasters!"  What student doesn't like that?  I know I did.  The video was a motivator but also taught the class about gravity and force of motion.  She then allowed the class to make their own roller coaster, which was
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G..  Here is a video of our group making a roller coaster!



No comments:

Post a Comment